1. General Information
2. Your User Rights
The website undertakes to comply with the rules laid down in the GDPR, with due regard for the following principles:
- Your personal information shall be processed in a lawful, loyal, and transparent manner (lawfulness, loyalty and transparency);
- Your personal information shall only be collected for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes, and cannot be further processed in a manner incompatible with those purposes (limitation of purposes);
- Your personal information shall be collected in an appropriate and pertinent manner and shall be limited to the needs of the purpose for which they are processed (data minimization);
- Your personal information shall be accurate and updated whenever necessary, so that the inaccurate information is either deleted or corrected, when possible (accuracy);
- Your personal information shall be safe-guarded in such a way as to allow the identification of data owners only during the period needed for the purposes for which they are processed (limitation of conservation);
- Your personal information shall be handled securely, protected from unauthorized or illicit processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, by adopting appropriate technical or organizational measures (integrity and confidentiality).
Users of the website have the following rights, which have been granted by the Personal Information Protection Law and by the GDPR:
- Right to confirmation and access: it is your right as a user of the website to obtain confirmation that your personal information is or is not being processed and, if that is the case, the right to access your personal information;
- Right to revision: it is your right to obtain from the website, without unreasonable delay, the correction of inaccurate personal information regarding you;
- Right to elimination of information (right to forgetting): it is your right to have your information deleted from the website;
- Right to limit the processing of the information: it is your right to limit the processing of your personal information, to be able to obtain it when contesting its accuracy, when the processing is illicit, when the website no longer needs the information for the proposed purposes and you are opposed to the processing of it, and in the case of unnecessary processing of the information;
- Right to opposition: it is your right, at any time, to oppose, for reasons related to your personal situation, the processing of your personal information, and also to oppose the use of your personal information for defining a marketing profile (profiling);
- Right to data portability: it is your right to receive your personal information that you have furnished to the website, in a structured, updated format that can be read automatically, as well as your right to send that information to another website;
- Right to not be subjected to automated decisions: it is your right to not be subject to any type of decision made exclusively based on automated processing, including profile definition (profiling), which produces legal effects or significantly affects you in a similar fashion.
You may exercise your rights in a written communication sent to the website under the subject line "RGDP-www.sppu.com.br", specifying:
- Full name or registered company name, CPF (Individual Registration Number of the Brazilian Federal Revenue Service) or CNPJ (National Legal Entity Registration Number, of the Brazilian Federal Revenue Service) and your e-mail address and, as the case may be, of your representative;
- The right you want to have exercised with regard to the website;
- The date of the request and your signature;
- All documentation that can demonstrate or justify the exercise of your right.
The request must be sent to the e-mail: email@example.com, or by postal service, to the following address:
Maria Angela Mendes Trabbold
Rua Engenheiro José Sa Rocha, 61, São Paulo - SP CEP 04126-020
You shall be advised in the case that your information is corrected or deleted.
3. Duty of not providing third-party information
When using the website, in order to safeguard and protect the rights of third parties, you must provide only your own personal information, and not that of third parties.
4. Collected Information
4.1. Types of collected information
4.1.1. Information informed on the contact form
We shall collect and store any information provided by you when filling in the contact form presented on the website, including the content of the message sent.
The e-mail address given, if you opt to sign up for our Newsletter, shall be collected and stored until you request that your e-mail be removed.
4.1.3. Sensitive information
No sensitive information belonging to you shall be collected, which is set forth in Articles 9 and 10 of the RGPD and in Articles 11, and following, of the Personal Information Protection Law. Therefore, among other things, none of the following information shall be collected:
- information that reveals your racial or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious or philosophical convictions, or union affiliation;
- genetic information;
- biometric information that unequivocally identifies you;
- information related to your health;
- information regarding your sex life or sexual orientation;
- information related to criminal convictions or offenses, or to related security measures.
4.1.4. Information collection not expressly provided for
4.2. Legal basis for processing personal information
You have the right to withhold your consent at any time, without compromising the legality of the processing of your personal information, before it is withheld. Consent may be withheld via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via postal service to the following address:
Rua Engenheiro José Sa Rocha, 61, São Paulo - SP - Brazil - CEP 04126-020
The consent of relatively or absolutely incapacitated individuals, especially of children under 16 (sixteen) years of age, can only be provided, respectively, if properly assisted or represented. The processing of personal information without your consent shall only be carried out due to legitimate interest or for cases provided for by law, that is, the following, among others:
- for the controller to comply with legal or regulatory obligations;
- for performing studies by a research group, while ensuring, wherever and whenever possible, the anonymity of the personal information;
- when necessary for the execution of a contract or of preliminary procedures related to the contract to which users are a party, at the request of the owner of the information;
- for regularly exercising rights in judicial, administrative, or arbitration proceedings, the latter according to the terms of Law no. 9.307/September 23, 1996 (Arbitration Law);
- for the protection of the life or physical safety of the owner of the information or of a third party;
- for protecting health, in a procedure carried out by health professionals or by health entities;
- when necessary for attending to the legitimate interests of the controller or of a third party, except when the rights and fundamental freedoms of the owner of the information prevail and demand the protection of personal information;
- for protecting credit, including that which is set forth in the pertinent legislation.
4.3. Purpose of processing personal information
The purpose of collecting your personal information is to facilitate, streamline, and fulfill the commitments established with users and complete the requests made by filling in the forms.
Personal information may also be used for commercial purposes, in order to personalize the content offered to you, as well as to assist the website to improve the quality and functioning of its services.
4.4. Retention period for personal information
Your personal information shall be preserved for a period no longer than required for fulfilling the objectives for which it is processed.
The retention period of the information is defined according to the following criteria:
Personal information shall be in use while you are listed in the SPPU registry for receiving our Newsletter. At the time that you request to be removed from the Newsletter mailing list, your information shall be deleted.
Your personal information may only be maintained after it is no longer processed, under the following circumstances:
- for the controller to comply with legal or regulatory obligations;
- for study by a research organization, ensuring, whenever possible, the anonymity of the personal information;
- for transfer to a third party, as long as the legal requirements are followed for data processing;
- for the exclusive use of the controller, prohibiting access by third parties, and maintaining its anonymity.
4.5. Recipients and the transfer of personal information
Your personal information may be shared with the following persons or companies:
Av. Brig. Faria Lima, 3477
São Paulo, SP - Brazil
The transfer may only be made to another country, if that country or territory or an international organization guarantees an adequate level of protection for your information.
If there is no adequate level of protection, the website commits to guaranteeing the protection of its information in accordance with the most rigorous rules, through standard contractual clauses, global corporate norms, or seals, certificates, and codes of contact that are regularly issued.
5. The processing of personal information
5.1. The person processing the information (data controller)
The controller, who is responsible for processing your personal information, is either an individual person or a legal entity, a public authority, an agency or other organ that, individually or in conjunction with others, determines the purposes and the means of processing personal information.
On this website, the person responsible for processing the collected personal information is Maria Angela Mendes Trabbold, who may be contacted by e-mail: email@example.com, or in person at the following address:
Rua Engenheiro José Sá Rocha, 61, São Paulo - SP - CEP: 04126-020
The person in charge of processing the information shall be directly responsible for processing your personal information.
5.2. The person in charge of information protection (data protection officer)
The person in charge of information protection (data protection officer) is the professional responsible for informing, advising, and controlling the one who is responsible for processing the information, as well as the workers who process the information regarding the obligations of the website in the terms of the GDPR, the Personal Information Protection Law, and other information protection provisions found in national and international law, in cooperation with the competent control authority.
On this website, the one in charge of information protection (data protection officer) is Maria Angela Mendes Trabbold, who may be contacted by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Secure processing of users’ personal information
The website is committed to applying technical and organizational measures that are appropriate for protecting your personal information from unauthorized access and from situations involving the destruction, loss, alteration, communication, or disclosure of that information.
To ensure security, solutions shall be adopted that take into consideration: adequate techniques; application costs; the nature, scope, context, and purposes of the processing; and the risks to your rights and freedoms.
The website uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certification ensuring that the personal information is transmitted safely and confidentially, in such a manner that the transmission of the information between the server and the user, and in feedback, occurs fully coded and encrypted.
However, the website disclaims liability for that which is solely the fault of a third party, such as an attack by hackers or crackers, or that which is exclusively the fault of the user, you yourself, in transferring your information to a third party. The website also commits to communicating to you, the user, within a reasonable time period the occurrence of some type of violation of the security of your personal information, which could cause a high risk to your personal rights and freedoms.
The violation of personal information is a security breach that causes, either accidentally or illicitly, the destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, or unauthorized access to personal information that is transmitted, preserved, or subject to any other type of processing.
Finally, the website is committed to processing your personal information with confidentiality, within legal limits.
7. Navigation data (cookies)
Cookies are small text files sent by the website to your computer and are stored there, with information related to navigation on the website.
Via the cookies, small amounts of information are stored by your browser so that our server can read them later. For example, they can store data about the device you use, as well as your location and the time when your accessed the website.
Cookies do not allow any file or information to be extracted from your hard disk, neither is it possible that they can have access to personal information that has not come from you, or how you use the resources of the website.
It is important to remember that not every cookie contains information the allows you, the user, to be identified. There are certain types of cookies that can be employed simply so the website is opened correctly or so that its functions operate as expected.
7.1. Third-party cookies
Some of our partners can configure the cookies in the user’s devices that access our website.
Generally speaking, these cookies seek to be going to make it possible that our partners can offer their content and services to the users of our website in a personalized manner, by obtaining navigation information extracted from their interaction with the website.
You may obtain more information regarding third-party cookies and about the way the information received them are processed, besides having access to the description of cookies used and their characteristics, by accessing the following link:
The entities charged with collecting from the cookies may release the information obtained to third parties.
7.2. Social network cookies
The website uses plugins from social networks, which allow it to access them from the website. By doing this, the cookies they use may be stored in your browser.
Each social network has its policy for privacy and for protecting personal information, and individuals and legal entities hold them responsible for the data collected and for the privacy practices they follow.
You can search the social networks for information regarding how your personal information is processed. For instructional purposes, we have made the following links available, below, through which you can consult the privacy and cookie policies adopted by some of the main social networks:
7.3. Managing cookies and browser settings
You the user may oppose the registration of cookies by the website, by simply deactivating this option on your own browser or device.
Deactivating the cookies, however, could affect the availability of some of the tools and functionalities of the website, thus jeopardizing its correct and expected functioning. Another possible consequence is the removal of your preferences that may have been saved, thus jeopardizing your experience.
We have made available some links, below, to the help and support pages of the most-used browsers, which can be accessed by those users interested in obtaining more information regarding the management of cookies in their browser:
8. Complain to a control officer
Without jeopardizing any other means of administrative or judicial recourse, all data owners have the right to present complaints to a control officer. The complaint can be made to the officer of the website’s headquarters, to your habitual country of residence, to your workplace, or to the locale which allegedly committed the infraction.
The editor reserves the right to modify the current website rules, at any moment, especially to adapt them to the evolutions of the site of the Scientific Platform Pasteur-USP (SPPU), either by making new functionalities available or by suppressing or changing those already in existence.
You shall be given explicit notice, in the case of any change in this policy.
By using the service, after any eventual changes, you show your agreement with the new norms. If you should disagree with any of the changes, you should immediately break off your access to the website and present your reservations to customer services, if you so wish.
10. Applicable law and jurisdiction
To resolve any controversies arising from this instrument, Brazilian law shall be applied in full.
Any eventual disputes should be presented in the courts of the county in which the headquarters of the editor of the website is found.